Oracle SQL CASE in a WHERE clause - Database
I am trying to add a CASE to my WHERE clause that is a little more complex than I normally use. Normally, I would do something like the following.... This SQL Server WHERE clause example uses the WHERE clause to define multiple conditions, but instead of using the AND condition, it uses the OR condition. In this case, this SELECT statement would return all employee_id , last_name , and first_name values from the employees table where the last_name is 'Johnson' or the first_name is 'Danielle'.
SQL SERVER – How to use ‘if… else’ in ‘where’ clause SQL
I think the reply from frfernan is your best bet. To add to that: You need not code an exact date, You can do like SELECT lr.* FROM lab_results lr,patient pat WHERE lr.patient_id = pat.patient_id... I don't think it's possible to have CASE for FROM of SQL command. The way you are doing is here is actually a conditional selection between 2 different SQL commands, depending on …
Complete SAP HANA SQL Script Tutorial (2/9)- SQL WHERE
We can use case statement in where clause as follows: declare @x int Select col1,col2 from table1 where col1 = case when @x = 1 then 1000 when @x = 2 then 5000 end Regards, Tatoba how to keep sinus passages clear 1/10/2010 · Remember what a CASE expression does: it returns a single value in one of the SQL data types, such as a NUMBER or a DATE. It can't return a boolean valiue, because there is no boolean data type in SQL. It can not return executable SQL code or a condition.
Can I use the Case statement in the from clause of the sql
I am trying to add a CASE to my WHERE clause that is a little more complex than I normally use. Normally, I would do something like the following. how to add rating star in a website Thanks i saw that step, i would still like to know if u can use an "IF" in the WHERE clause of the SQL statement cause i dont want to write alot of SQL cause il need to be using this logic in the
How long can it take?
SQL use CASE statement in WHERE IN clause Stack Overflow
- sql server 2008 Using CASE statements in WHERE clause
- SQL SERVER – How to use ‘if… else’ in ‘where’ clause SQL
- Using CASE Statement in WHERE CLAUSE (SQL SERVER 2000)
- Using CASE statement in the WHERE clause Club Oracle Forums
How To Add Case Statement In Where Clause In Sql
SQL - CASE Statement in WHERE clause I need to figure out how to construct a delete statement's where clause with a case expression - so if param1 is NOT NULL then user param1 - if param2 IS NOT NULL then user param2.
- 4/12/2013 · Your original question started with "How to use CASE statement in where clause to build dynamic query" However, now you are asking for implementation of logic. For this please define your business requirement; describe the problem completely..
- What I have done here is translate the CASE statement into a series of OR statements. However, you need to be careful with your bracketing of clauses when you do this, to ensure you get the right conditions going together. Check [MS's documentation on the precedence of operators]. :
- Hi, I have a simple query select name from tableInfo i am passing two parameters to the stored procedure @x and @y if @x!=0 and x is not null i want to add that in where clause for exp. select
- Thanks i saw that step, i would still like to know if u can use an "IF" in the WHERE clause of the SQL statement cause i dont want to write alot of SQL cause il need to be using this logic in the