Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe Taste of Home
If you’d like, you can easily adapt into a Crock Pot split pea soup recipe, but I prefer making it on the stove top. The split peas in this recipe contain natural starch that will thicken this soup without needing to use corn starch, which I love.... Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours until peas are soft and tender. Remove bay leaves and serve as is for a chunky soup.
Split Pea Soup With Ham Crock Pot Recipes Unity Ideas
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until peas are tender.... Make this in your slow cooker or Instant Pot! Split Pea and Ham Soup A Simple and Hearty Soup No that’s not a typo, there’s double ham in this recipe 🙂 Another one of those “put everything into a pot and cook” recipes that my lazy cook’s heart loves.
Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe BettyCrocker.com
Make and share this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe from Genius Kitchen.. 7 cups water (ham or chicken stock); 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, . how to create a simulatiion analysis Layer split peas, ham, carrots, onion, celery, garlic cloves, bay leaf, seasoning salt, and pepper in a crock pot. Pour in water or broth and do not stir. Cover and cook on High for 4-5 hours or Low for 8-10 hours. Remove bay leaf and serve
Split Pea Soup – Hearty Crock Pot Pea and Ham Soup
Make this delicious Crock-Pot Split Pea Soup recipe easily in a slow cooker. Add a ham bone and sherry for a richer flavor. Includes cooking times for high and low cooking settings in the Crock Pot. Add a ham bone and sherry for a richer flavor. how to cook sirloin steak in a grill pan Rinse the split peas in a strainer before adding it to the pot and pick out dirty pieces.* Serve a side salad with this for a delicious one pot healthy meal. You can safely leave this cooking even if you get home after seven hours.
How long can it take?
Crock Pot Split Pea and Ham Soup A Time to Freeze
- Crock Pot Split Pea and Ham Soup A Time to Freeze
- Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup Recipe Taste of Home
- Slow Cooker Split Pea & Lentil Soup Down to Earth
- Split Pea and Ham Soup A Simple and Hearty Soup – Two
How To Cook Split Peas In Crock Pot
Slow Cooker Pea and Ham Soup – Made with a whole gammon joint cooked in the slow cooker, frozen fresh peas and mint for a delicious, light and healthy soup. This simple soup is so easy and warming. Add crusty bread for a really tasty meal.
- Directions. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low until peas are tender, 8-10 hours.Freeze Option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours until peas are soft and tender. Remove bay leaves and serve as is for a chunky soup.
- Just layer the ingredients in the crock pot in the order listed, and don’t stir. While you’re chopping and layering, bring your chicken broth to a boil. Once your broth is ready, pour over the ingredients in the pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- In a large pot combine split peas with 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside for 1 hour. Drain and rinse. Set aside. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 3 minutes.